What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is a new technology that helps Dr. Saruna treat you with a high degree of precision and accuracy, helping you keep your smile for a lifetime. Laser treatment may be a step in reaching that goal. If you have questions or concerns about laser treatment, please ask Dr. Saruna or his staff. Laser dentistry…shining a new light on oral health care.
What are the benefits of laser dentistry over traditional treatment?
There are certain circumstances when the dental laser can be used. This will be determined by Dr. Saruna in your consultation appointment. When it can be used, the benefits may include
- DECREASED OR NO NEED FOR NOVOCAIN
- REDUCED RISK OF INFECTION
- DECREASED SENSITIVITY
- LESS TIME IN THE DENTAL CHAIR
- LESS BLEEDING
- LESS POST-OPERATIVE DISCOMFORT
- NO CONTRAINDICATIONS
What is Hydrokinetic technology?
The Hydrokinetic process is the removal of tissues with YSGG laser-energized water droplets. Hydrokinetic energy is produced by combining a spray of atomized water with laser energy. The resulting Hydrokinetic energy gently and precisely removes a wide range of human tissue including tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the body), and soft tissue (gum tissue) with no heat and no pain in most cases.
What are the benefits of the Hydrokinetic laser?
Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the pain associated with dental treatmant. Since Hydrokinetic cutting does not transmit heat or vibration , MOST DENTAL PROCEDURES CAN BE PERFORMED WITH NO PAIN, VIRTUALLY ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR ANESTHESIA IN MOST CASES.
- The laser’s pinpoint accuracy is precise enough that your dentist can leave behind as much healthy tissue as possible, allowing you to keep your own teeth longer.
- Effectively performs numerous soft tissue (gums) procedures with little or no bleeding. The laser gives your dentist a new high-tech tool for many procedures that previously required referral to a specialist. Now you can have them performed during your scheduled appointment.
- The laser sterilizes as it cuts, leaving less chance for bacterial contamination.
- The Waterlase™ prepares your teeth in a way that maximizes the bonding of tooth colored fillings, allowing them to last longer.